After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Who's Your Daddy?

Today is a new day. I've separated myself from all the stuff I shouldn't be reading at this point, and I realize that I was getting waaaaaaayy ahead of myself in yesterday's post. I mean, really, let's just deal with the here and now, and let tomorrow (or nine months from now) take care of itself. It's a problem I have. "Hi, I'm Laura, and I'm a chronic plan-aheader." Forgive me.

However, there is one issue that's really been on my mind, just cause of it's strangeness:

My due date is the same day as my RE's birthday.

Is that creepy to anyone?

I keep thinking that it's gross, being that he's the one that actually made the babies happen (I know, with some help from us and the embryologist). He mixed it all up and put it there. And their birthday could be his birthday. Yuck.

Noone else thinks it's creepy. I think it's creepy. Real creepy.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

LOL and why do you know your RE's birthday!!

Sunny said...

I wondered the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! It's not like we're friends or anything. When he calculated my due date, he said, "And you'd better call me if they're born right on that day."

I thought, how sweet, he cares about us, how we'll be doing, wants to follow up, etc.

"You'd better call," he said, "because June 27th is my birthday!"

Creepy.

Jamila said...

if it makes you feel better, it's pretty unlikely they'll be born on that day. I agree, it's very creepy.