After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Sevens

Goodness .... I was tagged by Jen. This took an awful long time for me to complete - it was harder than I thought. Maybe you'll learn something new about me. I did.

Seven things to do before I die:

  1. Spend some time hanging out in Thailand (where I was born) and in neighboring Laos
  2. Enjoy my grandchildren
  3. Get back to pottery, and have my own little studio someday
  4. Help my sister get her life going, and hang out with her kids
  5. Continue to write, and get better and more disciplined at it
  6. Explore the Grand Canyon (this is more J's wish than mine, but by default, it's mine too.)
  7. Attempt to enjoy and master a competitive sport.

Seven things I cannot do:

  1. Enjoy a game of chess
  2. Touch my nose with my tongue (but I can round up my tongue like a crescent roll!)
  3. Control my obsession with "Flavor Blasted" Cheddar Goldfish
  4. Master the inverted balancing poses in yoga. Or even hold them for 2 seconds.
  5. Keep sucking in my stomach any longer
  6. Multitask while cooking, without getting frantic
  7. Stand flat on my feet, without rolling them outwards

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:

  1. Gorgeous eyes
  2. His faithfulness
  3. His small, but very cute, butt
  4. His love of me
  5. His earnestness
  6. His confidence
  7. The cute way he's so technologically-challenged

Seven things I say most often:

  1. "Whatever"
  2. "Good morning, *&(*&((" (insert name of my business here)
  3. "Is there anything I can help you find today?" (See above)
  4. "Hiiiiiiiiiiiii........" (even if I've been in the same room with the person for a while. Just to break the silence. I don't dig silence.)
  5. "Yep, it's twins. Yep, I'm excited."
  6. "Thank you." (I try, so hard, to be polite, even when I'm feeling like I want to bite your head off.)

Seven books I love:

  1. Anything by Ellen Gilchrist, most especially I Rhoda Manning Go Hunting and Fishing with my Father.
  2. The Fourth Hand by John Irving
  3. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  4. The older Patricia Cornwell books. The new ones simply suck.
  5. Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. I'm currently reading this, and can see it becoming a favorite.
  6. My whole library of infertility books ... they gave me much needed information, stories of women like me, and comfort that indeed, there is a possibility of a child in my future. Perhaps I'll write a bit later about these books. I have a ton.
  7. The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook. I know, I know, you either love Martha or you hate her. But this is my go-to book anytime I need help with cooking or am in need of a cool recipe.

Seven movies I watch over and over again:

  1. The Abyss
  2. The American President (just like Jen!)
  3. Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (Oh gawd. Tori Spelling on Lifetime. But I just can't turn it off when it appears. Why? WHY?)
  4. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (SJP and Helen Hunt back in the day!)
  5. Watcher in the Woods (another fun one from childhood)
  6. African Queen
  7. The Poseidon Adventure

No comments: