After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Am

It's a rainy day outside, but my heart is full and bright, my optimism overflowing, and my thankfulness abundant.

I spent most of the day with my gorgeous babies, and am overwhelmed by the progress they are making. They are still quite small, and have yet to regain their birth weight, but it seems as though most major hurdles are passed. They are breathing on their own, they are both off the biliruben lights, and she is feeding voraciously while he is trying to catch up.

I am feeling more confident about my place as "mother," among all of the very qualified nurses and doctors. These are my babies, and I am their mother.

"Hello, sweetheart. It's mommy. I'm here to take care of you, and I love you so much. I am so proud of you, and of all the work you're doing. I'm your mommy."

I say this to assure them of my presence. I say this to assure myself of my new role in this world. I am your mommy.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! Wishing you and your babes all the best,
Emmie (mom of 14 month old twin boys)