After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's Amazing

Friday, April 28 in the early morning hours, we met our little boy and girl. They are spectacular and amazing, gorgeous in every detail, in every possible way.

I'll get back with more details later, but here are the basics:

Born at 31 weeks
Baby Boy: 5:02 a.m. * 3 lb, 14 oz
Baby Girl: 5:03 a.m. * 3 lb, 3 oz

There was definetly some trauma involved, but both are muddling through nicely. Looks like they'll be in the NICU for a month or more ... we'll see.

I look at them, so tiny in their plastic bubbles, and can't imagine that they were actually inside me. And that, technically, they still should be inside me. I'm torn between wishing it hadn't happened, but delighted that it did, and that my impatient self was given the opportunity to meet my babies even sooner.

I'm amazed.

7 comments:

OvaGirl said...

Whoa! Laura that's amazing! Congratulations! Hope that the little ones continue to thrive and get big and strong.

Sheryl said...

Congratulations Laura!!!!

cat said...

Many many blessings to you and the bebes. May they grow quickly and strong so you can take them home very soon.

Congrats to you all!

GLouise said...

Laura! Wow! I was wondering if that was why we hadn't heard from you lately!

I am so happy for you!

Praying that the little ones will be home soon. Big hugs!!

EAB said...

Oh, congratulations! I thought that might have been the case when you went quiet. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you, and that the babies grow and thrive and come home soon!

Jamila said...

WOW! Congratulations Laura! Can't wait to hear more about them!

Snickollet said...

I've just found your blog from the comment you left on mine. Your babies were born on my best friend's birthday. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Congratulations, almost eleven months late :).