After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Baby Handcock?

The arrival of the babies' Social Security cards leaves me with an odd question.

Instructions on the card tell the designee to sign immediatly and put away in a safe place. The safe place is no problem, but the signature part is a quandry.

Do I wrap their miniature fingers around a pen and shakily assist them in signing, so that upon entry into school I can assure them that they did sign them with their own authentic signature? or do I sign their names now to make the cards "secure"? or leave them blank for the kids to sign when they're older?

If I have a Social Security card, I don't have a clue where it is so who knows if it's signed. Hmmmm??

No comments: