After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Still Here ...

but quiet lately. As a writer does, I constantly have thoughts, composed for print, floating around in my mind.

It's finding the time to put them to paper, or screen, that is my challenge. And finding motivation. I'm always pleased once I do it, but getting to that point is hard for me.

I've started to dream again. Throughout my pre-pregnancy angst, pregnancy, and sleepless nights of new parenthood, dreams took a backseat to brain-empty slumber. And it's a relief to have them back - they are wild and weird, sometimes related to my actual life, sometimes only a minute thread ties them to reality. I actually had a dream last night, about a fabulous house that we moved into, and as I woke up to shushh the babes, I laid down and wished to go back into my dream. It was that interesting. Of course, I didn't find my way down the path to that alternate reality, but I wanted to so badly.

The babies are simply delightful. Solid foods are entertaining, the doorway bouncer is hilarious, and noise-making and almost-crawling are daily occurances.

More to come. You know, once I get motivated.

1 comment:

GLouise said...

Glad to "see" you again...how was your thanksgiving?