After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Locked Up Tight

My home has officially become Fort Knox.

In our main kitchen/living area, where we spend most of our time, there are three gates. One down the hall at a stairway, and I can name two or three other spots where we should have gates, but I am just fed up.

For someone who worked in the home decor industry and really loved decorating and taking care of my home, this has been really difficult. Not in an Oh my gosh, my life is over kind of way, but more of a I want my house to look beautiful like it used to, but now it's overrun with toys and baby crap!

However, I try to not have too much "stuff" out at once, and whenever possible, I aspire to provide my children with the somewhat more old fashioned and aesthetically pleasing wooden toys. (Fear not, we have our fair share of plastic, too. It's just hidden. Out of sight, out of mind.)

However, all those jail-like gates do provide for some funny times and photographic moments:





For the record, that's MyBoy on the left, and MyGirl on the right. And yes, she's winning. She usually does. Poor boy.

7 comments:

GLouise said...

Aww- love the photos! Fort Knox! Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Adorable little duck butts!

Hopeful Mother said...

Your little jailbirds are so cute!

Kirsten said...

Sooooo cute!!! We just moved to a new home and my friend at work keeps telling me to not even bother buying nice stuff until the kids are in school but I am like you...I want a pretty house, even if no one sees it but us!! I hope to contain most of the baby stuff upstairs but we'll see how that goes :)

Snickollet said...

Love the baby butts!

Sunny said...

HA! I love this! I so love this!

Sheryl said...

LOVE the duck butts!!