After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

What We Love

We love this book. "We" being MyBoy and MyGirl. I, on the other hand, am sick to death of it. They bring me this book every naptime, every time we play in their room, every bedtime. They will cry and scream and protest, unless I read it through. Many, many times over.






































“This baby wants her mommy … ma ma!” “This baby is hungry … yum yum!” "This baby is hiding ..... peekaboo!" “This mama wants a break … yahoo!”


As the pages are slowly disintegrating, and are dutifully repaired with white duct tape, I realize ( hope! ) that perhaps it will one day be unrepairable. Because we have many, many more baby-picture books waiting in the wings.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *


MyGirl and MyBoy are getting very good at following some basic instructions. I almost can't believe that they actually understand me ... it's like I thought they'd be infantile forever.

They can touch their noses, clap their hands, "wash" their hair, find their belly and a few other things. Amazingly, I thought it was great that they can take their wrapped up diapers to the diaper pail (the non-poopy ones, of course).

Until this:
























While I wish that they had just put their wrapped-up diapers in the Diaper Champ, it was not so. It was sippy cup and Green Frog. Nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, this is the downfall of twins--a built-in accomplice!

My little dude is also entranced by his Diaper Champ, but I don't think that he's managed to get anything down there yet.

And I'm right with you on the whole comprehension thing--it freaked me out the first few times I realized that he could understand me!

Such cuties you have.

Eva said...

Ew! But so cute. Love the photo to get a glimpse of them. I love reading all the things they can do, so cute. And I agree on the surprise. Now when I say to J "come to Mama" he grins and (sometimes) crawls right to me and I think, wow, he gets it. It's weird that they're not infants forever, and as hard as it's been, I don't know if I'm ready for it to end.

Hope the fun and (good) surprises continue every day.

GLouise said...

Awww- I love the photo! Too sweet!!