After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Music to My Ears

There is nothing more delightful ... a moment of relaxation in the kitchen after dinner, just me and my People magazine. (Come on, it's a D*sperate H*usewife with her new twins on the cover. I couldn't resist.)

My lovely little twins are running (well, crawling) free, burning off some energy before bedtime. And then the sounds ... the cackling laughter, the hiccup-y giggles ... back and forth ... him then her. They stare at each other, then burst into new peals of laughter, making some sort of joke that mom just can't possibly understand.

The put their faces right up against each other, forehead to forehead. Someone licks someone, someone puts his/her hand on the other. And they explode, yet again, into joyous laughter. Gorgeous sounds only babies can make.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh how amazing! Puts tears in my eyes just reading it :)

Sunny said...

So perfect.

Kirsten said...

I love posts like this! I can't wait for those days when we can watch our children playing together and just soak in the moment. Sounds like paradise!
BTW...did I send you my email? I thought I did but looked back and couldn't find it. Just in case, it's kea9946@hotmail.com. We're getting ready to register so I'm curious which products you'd recommend for twins. :)

GLouise said...

How wonderful!