After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Shower Issues

I spent Saturday at a wonderful baby shower for a dear old friend. It was a nice mix of people, old and young, and although games were involved, they were short, sweet, and kind of funny. I reconnected with old friends, made some new ones, and felt the warmth of all the people that were so genuinely excited for J. & I.

Coincidentally, over the weekend, both a good friend and a relative, told me that they'd like to plan showers/parties for me/us. I freaked out. I am so, so bad at being the center of attention, and quite uncomfortable in that situation. But it's important to them, and I know both showers will be a good time, and a memory I do want to make.

But I'm worried. (apparently, I'm not the only one who has shower issues.) Friends and family are spread all around the state. Neither J or I have a traditional work environment (we own a small business, and esentially work together. With one other person), so we don't have a group of "work friends." I certainly have some good girlfriends, but honestly, most of them are out of town. Many of our friends are "couple friends". I am deathly afraid that I simply don't have enough friends to split between two parties. What if noone comes? How horrifying.

I'm so nervous, and really don't know how to handle it. But then again, weeks ago, I had a deathly fear that noone would offer a shower, and would that be disappointing too?

Such trivial concerns. I need to put them in perspective, and realize that these are problems I only dreamed I'd ever be having.

2 comments:

cat said...

Hooray that you have this to worry about... so happy you do. :)

Jamila said...

you could invite me!! :)