After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

An Oldy, But Goody

There are times when good news is exactly the opposite. When good news makes you feel low, makes you resentful, when you allow someone's good news to get the best of you.

This is not one of those times.

I am thrilled and overjoyed that dear friend L. is pregnant with her first child.

I don't feel a bit of jealousy or a smidge of smite. I feel truly happy and thankful for her and for this wonderful gift.

L. is an OB nurse, working in delivery, and possesses a wonderful sense of calm. She has been a friend since age 14, and we have been in and out of each other's lives for the past 15 years.

And she has been one friend that asks how I am, how am I feeling, how my most recent appointment was. And she is a friend who expressed doubts as to if, and how, she should tell me this delightful news.

Sometimes old friends really are the best.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Old friends are the best. The friends that know you inside and how. That ask how you are and truly mean it. The ones that you've not talked to in months and months, but when you do, it was just like you talked to them yesterday!

I have 2 friends like that. One I've known for 15 years. She's the best!