After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

If I Could, I Would

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We politely request that you please check your seat assignments. It appears that passengers A & B have been mistakenly seated directly over the water tank. The turbulence and bouncing are causing extreme discomfort for the pilot. Please check your seat assignments and move seats as warranted."

I am so tired of peeing.

Up until now, the one daily task that I've always dreaded and wished that I could outsource has been blowdrying my hair. I find it boring, tedious, and never creating the desired result. Realizing that this is chronologically and financially irresponsible, I've made the task a better experience (albeit slower) by reading a good book or magazine as I dry.

I would gladly pass the baton to a more qualified and patient individual, if I could find someone to pee for me. My mother suggested that Depends could really come in handy, a notion I rejected before it was even out of her mouth. So the question is, like blowdrying, how do I make the experience more enjoyable? Reading is out, as the actual act of peeing takes only seconds, and if I'm into a good book, I'll just sit there reading until the next time I have to go. Crochet? Too messy. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Not that I'm complaining. Really.

* * *

On the positive front, J is really stepping up to the plate and helping me get things organized around the house and such. He spent all Saturday installing shelves in the disaster-that-is-technically-a-mudroom, so that all our cleaning supplies and such are off the floor and such. And he must have enjoyed it so much, that the next day, he tackled the same task in the garage. God bless him.

2 comments:

GLouise said...

This sounds v. v. uncomfortable!!
How are you this week?

Thalia said...

I loathe hairdrying as well, and do read while I'm doing it. Problem is my hair looks really bad if I don't blow dry it, so there is really little alternative.

I do read while I'm peeing, even though it doesn't take long. We keep those miscellany type books by the loo and so you can easily read one entry in one sitting, so to speak.