After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Need, want, whatever!

Do you ever have the overwhelming urge to just buy something?

It doesn't matter what it is, where it is, you just need to go shopping? The siren song of Target is hard to resist, and as I was driving home from the fabric store, I heard the calling.

With a mile to go, I thought, "hmmm...what do I need?" Surely, there must be something I could pick up, something I've run out of and cannot live with out. Deodorant? Nope. Greeting cards? No need. Laundry detergent? I have plenty. Well, I would sure like a Snickers bar.

And that was enough justification to get my car into the righthand turn lane and into the shopping center. And as I wandered the aisles, decorated with red bullseyes and bright displays, I was largely unsatisfied. Looking was fun, but it wasn't thrilling as I'd hoped. Nothing jumped out at me. Nothing screamed "Take me home with you!" Cheap maternity clothes (a pink cardigan sweater and a chocolate brown skirt) ultimately won out, and a garden magazine and the justified Snickers bar made their way onto the conveyer belt, but total satisfaction? I never found it.

4 comments:

Mrs. T said...

I get urges to "wonder" around stores bad. I don't even need to buy anything to satisfy the fix, just wonder...

GLouise said...

I love to wander around T*arg*t, too, and just about any store when I am bored.

When we lived in SoCal, we lived near the best G**dwill store in the world... the Goodwill of Newport Beach (Orange county. I had a lot of time on my hands during this point in my life. And it was awesome- last season's designer stuff ripe for my hot little hands. Sadly, we're back in the poor southeast with a yucky goodwill store :-)

EAB said...

My college roommate and I used to call it the Wal-Mart Time Warp :).

Target has some cute maternity stuff, don't they? I bought a top there last week, and am planning on picking up a couple more soon...

Anonymous said...

Well you know why you were drawn there don't you? You are pregnant. This explains why Target is such a bad place for infertiles.....you just felt a need right? I think the infertility gods are controlling peoples minds. Target is one of their tricks! LOL

Glad things are going well....brown skirts and pink top? Cute.