After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Boob News, The Final Chapter

The last time I pumped was yesterday at 12:30 p.m. (and only the left side at that, for just five minutes). It's some 20 hours later, and while uncomfortable, I'm not in agony.

Sleeping was difficult this morning, as both sides were really, really tender and kind of hard. But not crazy-engorged-rock-hard. I've stopped taking the mini-pill that I'd been on for the past few months (laughable, the fact that I am at risk of getting pregnant on my own, but I'd hate to be one of those "Oops! It's amazing that an infertile suddenly fell pregnant!" pregnancies right now) , and started on the regular, full-strength pill. Which apparently can help dry up your milk. I'm taking Tylenol for the pain, and I'm going to see if I can stick it out through the afternoon with out pumping.

There is enough in the freezer to get me through to the babes official 4-month birthday, my original goal.

It. Could. Be. Over. Yahoo! And a little sad. But YAHOO!

I got lots of good advice and encouragement to keep this up as far as I did, and I thank everyone who helped me stick it out.

2 comments:

GLouise said...

Aww- you did great! I am sure it was a bittersweet moment. Hope the pain subsides soon!

Sunny said...

I am so proud of you!!! You need to celebrate this new chapter of your life and the old ending!!!