After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Always a Bridesmaid...

She actually was a bride once. Practically a child bride, but a bonafide in love-idealistic-happygolucky bride. The marriage lasted for four years, the whole relationship about ten years. It ended for the best, but there was much hurt and betrayal that I know she's not over. There were no children, but I suspect that now, six years later and still single and childless, she wishes that there had been.

She has "moved on" in her life, both literally moving far across the country, and figuratively by switching careers, dating other men, and the like. But she's still stuck. No one has emerged as Mr. Right, and she hasn't found the satisfaction in love, career, and family that she has been hoping and praying for. She's still in her mid-thirties, and holds much hope for her future. She has a faith in herself, that all will turn out right, that I admire and envy.

But she's starting to think. What if ... he never comes along? The perfect career move never happens? I end up alone?

She's asked me to go to an information session on international adoption with her, and I am thrilled and delighted. If she goes this route, I want to help her, to travel the path at her side. To support her and encourage her.

She is a strong, beautiful woman. She is my sister.

3 comments:

GLouise said...

Oh, that last line brought me to tears.

You are a great sister! I am hoping good things to come from the seminar! Keep us posted.

Christy said...

I am glad that your sister is not waiting for a man to fulfil her dreams of motherhood. You're awesome for being so supportive.

Hopeful Mother said...

You are a great sister. Hope all the best for this option for your sis...