After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can I Interest Anyone in a Stuffed Animal?

It never fails. No matter what educational, interesting or informative playthings I provide for the babies' amusement (and I consider myself rather picky and sparse in the toy department - I hate plastic!), it's the everyday "stuff" that wins the popularity contest.

To point:

As I write, MyGirl is dragging around a brown chenille throw that is simply covered in cat hair. At the same time, she is chewing on a purple bulb syringe, that is glistening with the snot of colds past.

MyBoy is confused about why a tall, slick, plastic trashcan is not the ideal piece of furniture on which to pull himself up. Sliiiiippp.....sqqeeeeaaak....thud. Oh, and then there is my nasty old brown clog. Mmmm...looks appetizing.

And both of them are so pround of themselves right now. Big smiles all around.

Why bother buying toys?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes--A's current faves include phones/remotes; cords & wires; plastic measuring cups; and various filthy dog toys. Lovely.

Stacie said...

Ah, let's see, my two like: electric cords, plastic bags, my old shoes, diaper wipes and the newspaper. And I bought all those expensive toys!

GLouise said...

They sound so sweet! You'll have to post some more anonymous pictures again soon :-)