After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Away

We went away for the evening last night, the first time we'd left the twins overnight, together (J and I together. Not the twins. Duh.) And I didn't really miss them.

J has been away a number of times, right many times (No, no, I'm not jealous. Not me. All those boys weekends ...), and I went on one weekend trip. Each time, we've left the kids in the care of each other.

We are going on our first real vacation next month, a week in a warm, warm place with another couple. My parents will come to take care of the kids, which makes me a wee bit nervous, for many reasons, but all in all they are wonderfully capable and loving.

So when we had the opportunity to join some friends in a neighboring city for a wonderful dinner and overnight, we thought it a great time to host an overnight "tryout" for my parents.

I honestly didn't think about the kids until one of the friends asked, this morning, if we'd called to check in on them. We looked at each other, shrugged sheepishly, and responded in the negative.

And didn't really feel guity at all. But that was 18 hours total. I'm nervous that I'll feel differently when an ocean away.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Good for you. Great that you got away together. Is it okay to admit I'm very, very jealous?

Mary said...

I have been reading for awhile but had to comment...good for you! My husband and I have made it a point to get away since both our children we very young (our girls are 3 and 4). We are getting ready to go to Mexico for two weeks in June with our best friends. I am so excited. It will be the longest time to be away from them. My in-laws will be taking care of my girls. My in-laws home is our second home so I feel completly at ease. I don't know who is more excited my girls or my in-laws. I am home with my girls every day. I am the first one to admit I need a break. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

GLouise said...

Good for you!