After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Family Ties

The diaper pail works, but scents still do escape. The cat used to indiscriminatly pee (crossing fingers to hope that it stays that way). I'm very sensitive to the fact that yes, at times, my home has not smelled like a rose recently. In addition, I live on a very busy street in the city, so opening my windows is simply not an option.

So, am I to be offended that my MIL (who keeps a very, very, very clean house and abhors the concept of animals in the home) gave me a frangrance lamp, with the comment that it would be great in my first-floor powder room? (Yes, the cat has peed here in the past and the diaper pail resides in this room.)

Am I to believe that this is a backhanded "hint" that my house stinks? Or was she just being really kind, thinking that I'd like this beautiful bauble. And it does match my bathroom.

I am such a paranoid daughter in law. Why do I even ask?

1 comment:

GLouise said...

Hilarious!!

My MIL abhors all things "animal" as well.