After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Year In Review

2006 was partly good, doubly great, and a little bit horrible, all wrapped up with a big bow. Cheers!

January: I spent Saturday at a wonderful baby shower for a
dear old friend.

February: Many thanks for your
thoughts and comments a few months ago about the home vs. work dilemma.

March: Wow, I've been gone a long time. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd written, and I'm remiss that I have no totally thrilling and exciting news to share.

April: Who knew that a Sunday, at home on bedrest (and therefore no different than any other day of the week) could be so exciting? And it's only 3:45!

May: It was totally unexpected, but deep down inside, I think I knew, but was in denial.

June: The arrival of the babies' Social Security cards leaves me with an odd question.

July: So, if your husband, who has many, many years of cooler-packing experience, assures you that you can absolutely keep your hard-earned breastmilk frozen in a well-packed cooler over the course of three days, don't believe him.

August: It's been four months since these little babes have entered our lives in a real and physical way, and I couldn't have possibly imagined how our lives would have changed.

September: It has been a looooong time since I have seen such a
hilarious movie.

October: There has been a whole lotta talk out there about the ethics of IVF, about limitations on the number of embryos that can, and should, be transferred, the overwhelming increase in multiple births as a result, etc, etc.November: Still Here ... but quiet lately.

November: Still here ... but quiet lately.

December: "I'm driving home, and I'm almost at your exit. Can I stop in?"

No comments: