After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Wrap it Up

Finally Friday. Thanks goodness. We're off to my parent's little vacation house on the water, which is a great get-away. We'd been hoping to ask some friends to come with us, but time got away during a busy week, and here we are on Friday, hoping to head down after work. We've actually spent a lot of time with my parents down there, and have really enjoyed just hanging out as the four of us. Wierd...I actually like my parents. As friends. Scary.

A few thoughts that have been floating around my head, that I need to do something with. {I'm an on-and-off yoga student, and one of the things they emphasize is to 'acknowledge' a thought when it enters your mind, and then release it, so you can keep your mind clear. This is a serious challenge to me, the obsessor. Still working on it.}

  • Course of treatment in IVF. A simple question, but unclear, which makes me wonder a bit about how the rest of this cycle will go. Dr.'s instructions were for me and J to start the antibiotics as soon as they arrived. 10 days, 2 times a day. Simple. So we started yesterday. Then last night, I'm re-reading the mountain of instructions and contracts that we need to sign, and the general IVF instruction sheet says that the partner should take the antibiotics {no mention of moi} starting the same day as when I take the Lupron. Which makes sense...to clear up any possible infections before, um, making a donation. A bit of conflicting info. So I just called the clinic, and there's no nurse in the office yet. After 9 on a Friday morning? I think that's kind of odd. Or, again, it could be obsessive-me shining through.
  • Conflicting emotions when pregnant? Attended a lovely baby shower this past weekend for an old friend. I was very excited, as I'd made a quilt for the soon-to-arrive baby girl, and had a few other cute gifts. And overall, mommy-to-be didn't seem real excited about anything. Not just the gifts, but about the baby in general. And I know she must be thrilled, but perhaps having some anxiety? Meanwhile, all of us non-moms are begging for details, asking her to show us here belly , talking boobs, etc. Needless to say, the men were grossed out. Big time.

No comments: