After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

All is Good in This House

It's been a very happy house, these past few days. Happier than I can remember in recent times.

Today's beta was 677, so more than doubled.

As I went to the clinic this morning, I entered not with a heavy heart as usual, not with dread and sad anticipation, but with optimism and joy.

When the nurse asked what test I was there for, I got to report "Second beta, ma'am!" And the other doctor came in while I was having blood drawn and said with a sly grin, "Aaah...second beta. Very nice numbers" and congratulated me. On the way out, I spotted Dr. Pleasant, and in his not-too-excited, not-too-sad, very-middle-of-the-road way, he smiled, congratulated me and said he'd see me soon. And he even made the follow up call this evening to remind me that I need to continue the PIO shots.

As if I could forget. I'll admit that I was starting to feel quite proud of myself. I've given myself sixteen or so of those injections, and have been so pleased with the lack of pain or problem. Well, sister, let me tell you, those days are over. My hips have accumulated a connect-the-dot pattern of pinpricks, and the general soreness makes me feel like my hips are five times wider than they actually are. I feel like I'm going to run out of spots to puncture.

But life is good, so I'll keep it to myself.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Your numbers ROCK! I am so glad you had a great day. I can only imagine how good it felt to go into the doc for good news. I bet there were girls in the waiting room envying your grin. Wooohooooo!!!!

Sheryl said...

Great numbers Laura! I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!

Mrs. T said...

Awesome numbers! Congrats!