After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Panic

It's 4 p.m.

Do you know where your RE is?

Well, I don't, and he's supposed to call me by 5 for instructions to either (1) trigger or (2) continue Follistim/Lupron and come in for another US/bloodwork tomorrow morning.

He said, yesterday, that if I didn't hear from him by five, to look him up and call him at home, if need be. I can't believe he actually meant that. Did he?

***

It's 5 p.m., and I think he's on the golf course.

Well, maybe not the golf course, but clearly in the pursuit of something sporting. Needless to say, the wife seemed perplexed that one of his patients was calling him at home on a Saturday evening, especially since he wasn't there.

But now I, the lucky infertile that I am, am in posession of both his home number *and* his cell phone numbers.

I am also in posession of his assurance that we will indeed do the retrieval on Monday, and instructions to call him back by 8:30 (only if I haven't heard from him yet, of course) to discuss the exact time and details.

This better work, or he can expect years and years of my nasty 3 a.m. calls and annoying hangups!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding...Did you finally get a hold of him?

Sheryl said...

As if you actually got his cell phone number! You go girl!! I hope you actually did end up getting ahold of him though