After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Let the Wanding Conclude!

Six a.m. came too early this morning, but was well worth it.

I dressed for work, and took off to the hospital's blood lab. The requisite unpleasantness was somewhat tempered by the fact that I actually met someone nice in the waiting room. It's been discussed many times in IF blogland, the fact that some women just won't talk, let alone smile in the RE's office.

She looked at my paperwork, and said "Oh, we're here for the same thing." We chatted for a few minutes before the bloodletting, and determined we were headed to the same office for our ultrasounds. I had a bit of time to kill between appointments, so I grabbed a cup of coffee and hit the grocery store for some lunchtime goodies.

Imagine my delight when I exited my car at the office, and she was waiting for me outside. So very nice. A few years older than me, and an IVF veteran, she put my mind at ease about the egg retrieval, but made me even more nervous about the PIO shot!

We were the first two patients of the day, and the doctor (one of my favorites!) was running late, so we had even more time to chat before we were taken back to our respectable rooms.

I'd hoped she was in the waiting room when I finished, but she's already taken off. So, M.P., if you're out there, shoot me a note! It was a really nice surprise to meet such a nice person in such an unlikely place.

***

From the coochie-cam front, all was well. A few increases from yesterday, but still 3 on the left and 9 on the right. There was one 21, lots of 18, and a few smaller. Lining was at 8.5-ish.

Dr. Super-Duper-Nice was a little less forceful with the wanding, which was much appreciated, since I'd downed a Grande Decaf Skim Latte while waiting for him to arrive. He invited me into his office for some chit-chat, which was nice since (1) I'm not his patient, and (2) Dr. Pleasant never really wants to chat much.

Dr. S-D-N said that he expects the retrieval will happen on Monday, but the call is up to Dr. Pleasant. And I should expect that call by 5 p.m. tonight.

Which is lovely, because I'd like to know whether I should inform the v. nice couple at whose house we'll be having dinner tonight, that J & I will need a bit of privacy for our Hot-n-Heavy HCG Injection!

Ohhhhh..the nerves are jittery right now. It's actually going to happen.

No comments: