After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh, wow. I mean, OH WOW!

With the enthusiastic optimism of a first-time-ever-pregnant person, I'm putting a number out there:

253!!

With the cautious optimism of a fertility patient/IVFer who knows that things often go wrong, I'm saying YAY!

I can't believe we're this lucky. Why would this work on our first go? Because all the previous drug cycles and IUIs didn't, I suppose. It makes sense, I suppose, as all the problems seemed to be with the sperms and not the eggs. And those problems were bypassed by IVF and ICSI. So that makes sense.

But knowing that this is a numbers game, a game of chance, a potential percentage, a shot in the dark, or what have you, it shouldn't have worked.

Who am I to argue??

Next beta is Wednesday, with fingers crossed.

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations laura!!! You give us first time IVFers hope now. I wish you a VERY HAPPY and HEALTHY 9 months!!!

S said...

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!! May you have a joyous and healthy nine months ahead........congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! I am thrilled for you. Can't wait to see the next beta numbers doubling!!!!

Mrs. T said...

Delurking to say "Congratulations!" That is such exciting news.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pregnant Girl! What a good BFP! I will keep eveything crossed for Wednesdays!
Update the IVFFSA board. The other ladies would love to celebrate with you too!

EAB said...

What wonderful news!

DeadBug said...

Hooooooly moley. That's one kickass beta number. We were at 166 to start and I was carrying triplets at the time, for goodness sakes. Congratulations!

cat said...

Hot damn! Now that is some great news. May you see those number rise. Hurrah!