After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Comedians, We're Not

I’m exhausted. Every sentence is punctuated with a yawn. (Yawn.) Every move is made with a heavy foot. My brain seems to be working on a limited capacity.

At least I’m not throwing up.

* * *

Mom called last night, just so we could do the routine we’ve been perfecting over the past week. “Guess what?” I say to her.

“What?” she replies, with innocence.

“I’m pregnant!” I say, enthusiastically.

She responds with shock and surprise, along with a healthy dose of delight and joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun with the schtick with your family. It's great to finally have this chance! I hope you manage to steer clear of morning sickness.

OvaGirl said...

Hey, you may as well have some fun. Relax (eek) and enjoy.