After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Smitter-Smattering of Things

First of all, many thanks for your kind comments. When I managed to drag myself out of bed and over to the computer, it was a delight to see your notes. Just a few more people out there in the world rooting for us.

I had a wonderful conversation yesterday with a relative who had also gone through IVF, years ago. She kind-of knew what was going on, but not the specifics. It was so nice to chat with her, and have someone to commiserate with. I also spoke with an acquaintance who will be undergoing a retrieval in a few months. Alternatly, it was nice to be able to provide a little advice and offer of help, if needed.

***

We did the first PIO shot last night, and voila! It wasn't horrible. It wasn't even bad. (I better watch it, I may be jinxing myself). There are a few times when I'm going to have to give it to myself, so I'm trying to get all psyched up about it.

***

One day at a time ... One step at a time ... I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but it's hard. All I can think about is that we might not have enough embryos to freeze. And then I'll have to go through this again.

I need to focus on *now* and think positive thoughts for the transfer tomorrow. Im trying to come up with a talisman or visual or object or something I can hang onto tomorrow, to keep my thoughts focused and positive during the transfer. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I went through my transfer last spring, they let me see the embryos before they put them in. Throughout the 2ww I just kept picturing them in my mind.

cat said...

Will be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes throughout.

In the past an image that has sometimes helped me hold onto the positive is of the child that will be and the arms that will hold it.

Sheryl said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

OvaGirl said...

My transfer was so quick, I couldn't really focus on anything but I like Sarah's idea of picturing the embryos.

Good luck for tommorrow (and beyond!)