After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Babywatch: Day 3

If you were reading very quickly, you might have thought that today's title had something to do with a formerly-popular television show featuring red bathing-suit-clad beauties, rescuing the unfortunate from the scary ocean surf.

You would be incorrect.

It's about a sweaty infertile and her freaky attempts to stare other people's babies.

Yes, on Babywatch: Day 3, I learned that the best time for baby-scoping is definitely pre-lunchtime. And 11 a.m. walk was produced a park full of tempting toddlers and beautiful babies, all ripe for my oogleing.

*****

Today is Lupron: Day 7. It's getting kind of old. I'm ready for a new kick to my schedule. Come on, let's kick this IVF cycle into high gear! I'm ready for more drugs, more powerful drugs, some coochie-cam visits, blood draws, something!

*****

J was so cute last night. I know he's trying to understand this whole IVF cycle, but I think he's getting it a little confused with how we did the previous medicated IUIs, etc. He was frustrated that it takes so long to do one cycle of IVF, and so I had to explain it again last night. I explained the Lupron, that I'd probably get my period soon, to which he replied enthusiastically "Tomorrow? You think you'll get your period tomorrow?" Practically like a kid waiting for Santa.

What frustrates him the most is not knowing when each step {i.e. his v. important donation} will take place. J likes to have a schedule.

******

I seem to have a new rep as the "healthy one." While gathered at an outdoor concert series last night, everyone kept commenting on how I was drinking bottled water, and they were impressed at how "healthy" I was behaving. Because, I assume, my past behaviors were never interpreted so positivly!

If only they knew!

No comments: