After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Monday, September 26, 2005

So Bad It Was Good

"There is a waiting room full of desperate women out there, and I'm their Superman."

Now, I've thought of my RE as many things ... he's a father and husband, he's an Always Pleasant Person, he's Respected Community Member, he's a Coochie Violator, but never, let me repeat NEVER, have I thought of him as my SUPERMAN! Masked superhero wielding an ever-powerful wand and catheter, but Superman? No, ma'am.

We spent our Friday night babysitting our fun 2-year old nephew {you know, the one I would kidnap and move away to a far off land with}, and made it home just in time for the Inconceivable premiere on NBC.

It was pretty bad. In addition to the horrible line I quoted above, the other lowest point occured with the shunned lover/secretary manages to have a quickie with the RE in his office, collect his sperm in a sample cup {without him knowing, of course} and switch it with the sperm already labeled with another couple's info, located in the college-dorm-looking mini-fridge that hold all the precious goods. All with an evil grin on her face that says "You'll get yours, Superman."

Needless to say, I think it sucked.

Might I watch it again? I might.

Being that it's a show about infertility, and I'm obsessed with anything infertile-related, I'll assume you are, as well. So here's what some other ladies thought about it:

Limbo Party * Ambivalent Infertility * Her Very Own * One Egg, Two Egg * The Infertile Gourmet * Uncommon Misconception * Olivia Drab

***

I was up visiting my sister last night, and had to do my shots last night in the bathroom of this really cute home accents boutique.

I used to keep a mental list of all the fun places J. & I have had sex {no, you're not going to get a sneak peak into my sex life...so sorry}.

Guess I've started a new and improved list. Totally sad.

***

I'll be starting my day with Dr. Pleasant tomorrow, and looking forward to it! I can feel those eggs growing, and am curious to see how this dosage {compared to the stims with the IUIs} compares!

1 comment:

cat said...

Hated it as well. It was full of horrid myths and flat out lies. I spoke to a friend/consultant at NBC today and voiced my extreme displeasure by chanting "cancel it" "cancel it" over and over. I couldn't even watch it all it was so badly acted and so completely insulting.