After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Genius or Jerk? Maybe Both.

Clearly, I watch too much television. This point is not to be disputed.

What is to be disputed is the crazy man I saw on a DHC show last week about a "genius sperm bank." He shared TMI about what a perfect physical and intelectual specimin he is and how he enjoys "spreading his seed" to "those who are worthy."

I'm not arguing the concept of a "genius sperm bank." I certainly think it has it's place. But man, the arrogance of this guy was unbelieveable. He'd already had a number of children intentionally, with various and assorted girlfriends, and truly believes he is doing the world a favor by making his sperm available to the masses.

At one point, there was a Nobel Prize Sperm Bank, too. I believe that when the founder died, so did the bank, as the family wasn't interested in carrying on his "vision." I've actually just ordered a book about it, called "The Genius Factory." It looks disturbingly interesting.

Plus, I've already read every book on IVF available. :-)

No comments: