After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Song of Sirens

Target can usually provide me some feel good vibes. Instant gratification. Something I don't need, but makes me happy for just a few minutes.

Not on a Monday morning.

A new mom in the shoe aisle, trying on some high heels while tiny baby is balanced precariously on top of the cart.

A tired mom with two curious toddlers. She's desperately trying to finish her shopping here, and then head to the grocery store. "But mom, I think I'm hungry!" ... "But mom, I'm hungary now!"

The baby aisle, with its rows of teeny shirts, mini hats, baby monitors ...it lures me in, as if singing a sweet song. I wander down the row of carseats, making mental notes of which ones I will dismiss and which I'll choose.

Ahh ... The magazine section.....articles I don't need, but am drawn to.

I finish gathering my paper towels, spray starch, red toothpaste with the sparkles that J likes. I head home to plant pansies that I picked up earlier in the morning and distract myself from the lust that is consuming me.

No comments: